About Me

My photo
Paul Hair is a national security expert and an author. He writes under his own name and as a ghostwriter. Connect with him at http://www.liberateliberty.com/. Contact him at paul@liberateliberty.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017

I Lasted 8 Years in Bush’s and Obama’s Anti-Christian Regimes

SSG Hair in Baghdad, Iraq. © Paul Hair, 2010.
Rumana Ahmed is a Muslim who wrote a column that The Atlantic published on Feb. 23. She claimed she could only tolerate working eight days in the National Security Council under the Trump administration due to its views on Muslims. Yet I am a Christian and I managed to last eight years in the Army under the anti-Christian regimes of Presidents Bush and Obama.

Ahmed’s column (“I Was a Muslim in Trump’s White House – When President Obama left, I stayed on at the National Security Council in order to serve my country. I lasted eight days.”) starts with, “In 2011, I was hired, straight out of college, to work at the White House and eventually the National Security Council,” and gets worse from there. Much of it focuses on Islam.

Like most of my fellow American Muslims, I spent much of 2016 watching with consternation as Donald Trump vilified our community. Despite this––or because of it––I thought I should try to stay on the NSC staff during the Trump Administration, in order to give the new president and his aides a more nuanced view of Islam, and of America’s Muslim citizens.

I disagree with everything about those sentences and Ahmed’s entire column.

Furthermore, while she complains about imaginary slights, I served for eight years in the U.S. Army Reserve under Presidents Bush (43) and Obama, and their anti-Christian policies.

Indeed, I served for eight years while the U.S. created officially Islamic theocracies across the globe and simultaneously helped exterminate Christians.

So I have no time for Ahmed’s complaints. Nor do I have time for anyone treating them as legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment