About Me

My photo
Paul Hair is a national security expert and an author. He writes under his own name and as a ghostwriter. Connect with him at http://www.liberateliberty.com/. Contact him at paul@liberateliberty.com.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

This Is INSCOM

One of the things that has struck me about all the media coverage and outrage over the NSA and its intelligence activities is that many people in the media who should know about certain intelligence activities, practices, and organizations don’t seem to know so.



Such things include the media and public officials expressing shock over how Snowden could have been hired without diplomas and degrees. (Do “experts” really not know that when it comes to cyber and other technical trades it’s sometimes people without formal education that have the necessary skills?) Other things include how media talking heads are surprised by the latest “secretive” intelligence activity or organization that they believed they have uncovered for the first time.

So I thought I would start posting some basic intelligence and military things—things that are in the official record. This way, people won’t be “surprised” again when the next so-called secretive activity or organization is said to be uncovered.

I’m going to start with posting a video on the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) (see above). This video comes from YouTube and not from an official government account. However, the video was officially produced by INSCOM. I previously saw it when it was at the official INSCOM website. The YouTube video is slightly outdated; the most current version of this video is available for download and viewing at the official INSCOM website.

I had once thought that INSCOM was somewhat well-known but later found out that it is not. Nothing reinforced this more to me than when I spoke with a former senior Department of Defense official and I mentioned INSCOM. He didn’t know what it was.

I’ve completed work for INSCOM, both when I deployed to Iraq and as a drilling Reservist. So I thought it would be a good place to start . . . especially as you now might start hearing more about it in the news. Decide for yourself what to think about it.

Is it a legitimate and worthwhile organization? Or a shadowy group that continues, “. . . to wage an undeclared war on civil society, political activists and whistleblowers”?

No comments:

Post a Comment