About Me

My photo
Paul Hair is a national security expert and an author. He writes under his own name and as a ghostwriter. Connect with him at http://www.liberateliberty.com/. Contact him at paul@liberateliberty.com.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Warned of What Is Going On in the Armed Forces

A serviceman I know recently contacted me and let me know he is exiting the U.S. armed forces. He told me he is leaving because of the ruling on DOMA, the decision to put women into combat roles, and even because of the latest election results.

His disillusionment is reminiscent of a former serviceman who wrote, “Why I quit,” in Daily Inter Lake a few years ago.

The serviceman I know is a silent warrior who hasn’t chained himself to the White House fence, betrayed national secrets, betrayed national secrets, or otherwise broken the law.

He also holds views which are in direct contrast with the views of the American ruling class on both the left and the right.

Thus, he will not attract attention.

THE NEW PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ARMED FORCES: Service members deployed to Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan observe the 1st Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender Pride Event in a deployed environment. Service members discuss what pride means, what they hope to accomplish, and why it is important to fight for equality. Video by Cpl. Casimir Krul. Video courtesy of Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System.

But there are others like him. And the fundamental transformation of the armed forces, along with the nation, will continue having consequences for America as a whole.

This serviceman’s departure from the armed forces reminds me of the letter I sent to the House Armed Services Committee in 2011 while I still served in the U.S. Army Reserve. The Washington Times wrote about that letter in its, “Inside the Ring” column (“Army dissent”).

I’ve posted a reprint of the letter at the end of this column. This is the first time (that I know of) that it has fully appeared in public. Read it and decide how many of the questions I raised are valid, and which foreseen consequences have already occurred.

Here are some news stories are relevant to what I wrote in 2011.

“Obama Rejects ‘Ill-Advised’ Conscience Protections for Military Chaplains” (CNSNews, January 03, 2013)

“Army Email Labels Christian Ministries as ‘Domestic Hate Groups’” (Fox News, April 09, 2013)

“Hagel questioned about Defense Department’s treatment of Christians in military” (The Daily Caller, April 11, 2013)

“Army Punishes Soldier who Served Chick-fil-A” (Fox News, June 05, 2013)

“Bill would upgrade records of those discharged under DADT” (Stars and Stripes, June 21, 2013)

Letter Sent to HASC in 2011, Page 1.
Click on Image for Larger View.
Letter Sent to HASC in 2011, Page 2.
Click on Image for Larger View.

No comments:

Post a Comment